Even though we are situated in a relatively wealthy suburb, there are still many social needs in our area. Our social concern has the following outlets:
- Helping families with practical assistance (meals, transport, and so on) when there is an illness or emergency in the home
- Running a food distribution system through which we are able to help about 20 families, themselves usually members of our congregation, with a monthly food parcel
- Collecting 2nd hand clothing for distribution around our community, our city, and our missions field in Rooiwal
- Maintaining the Gary Smails Bursary fund, a small fund to help disadvantaged and deserving young people with financing their education
- Fostering relationships with other groups who work in the area helping people with various needs, such as U-Turn and Claremont night haven.